This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Monday, October 22, 2007

First of many

I did it!!

For what I believe to be the first time in my life, I just jogged a full mile without resting!

I did it at an average of 4.2 mph (.1 at 4.0, .8 at 4.2, .1 at 4.5), and at a 1 degree incline. Tomorrow I'm back at 5 degrees, but I think I may take a day every week to do a mile or more at 1 degree, at least until I've gotten to the point of doing the mile at 5.

6 comments:

Daniele said...

Congratulations!! I am still so far from jogging, but one day.. I will!
You're doing so well.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog :) Much appreciated.

Unknown said...

WooHoo! Go Mike!

Diana Swallow said...

YAY!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

You inspired me to run more too. I did walk, jog, walk, jog, walk over the course of a mile. I plan on adding in more mini jogs, even if they are only for the length of one house.

Alea said...

I just found your blog and can I just say CONGRATS!!! Way to go for jogging a full mile! I'm looking forward to following your journey.

Sonya said...

Hi,

I just found your blog through Scale Junkie.

Congrats on running the mile. That is awesome. I'm just trying to walk more right now ;-)

Keep up the good work.

Teale said...

That's fantastic!!!!