This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Thursday, October 11, 2007

end of week 7 report

So Sunday and Tuesday didn't end up hurting my week as a whole. I think I have the regular exercise routine to thank for that (14 days without a miss!)

Weight: 347.2

Week's loss: 6.6, 45.6 down since Aug 23

27.5% of the way to the end of obesity.

And so far I've walked/jogged 8.85 miles for October.

Speaking of which, today I did five sets of my walk/jog, meaning I jogged an entire half mile! I think I will stick at that pace for about a week, and then next week I'll change the routine to be .1 mile walking followed by .15 miles jogging, and work towards being able to do a mile that way.

.5 down, only 2.6 left to go before I can do a 5K :)

2 comments:

Teale said...

Congrats on the loss!

Honib1 said...

just wandered upon your blog.. congrats on the loss.. and much luck to you as journey to a healthier self...