This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fifty One. Week 8 results.

As of right now, I'm 51 lbs less obese than I was 8 weeks ago today. For the record, that's a total of :

current weight: 341.8

loss this week: 5.4

loss overall: 51

percent of 2008 goal: 30.76%


More on what this all means for me when I get back on Saturday.

7 comments:

Teale said...

That is fantastic news!!!

Daniele said...

AMAZING. I am so proud of you. And a little jealous ;)
Well done!

Diana Swallow said...

I'm so proud of you!! I know you will have challenges in the coming weeks but you have to do the best you can. I completely understand what you are saying about fake meat, when I eat the veggie burgers, I don't even think of them as meat, I just think of them as veggie burgers and I don't have an issue with the taste. Morning Star Farms has a spicy black bean burger that I really like but again, it tastes nothing like a burger so I'm okay with it. I don't like the veggie cheese at all, I've tried, I've really tried LOL.

I know you'll find ways to get in extra exercise, I'm so proud of you and your progress and I'm so glad I've found your blog, you are a true star!!

Anonymous said...

ok. you're my hero.

but can i say, for the rest of us --

GUYS SUCK.

:) well done!


weezie

www.blogs.weightwatchen.com/thisisforme

Chubby Chick said...

Congratulations on the weight loss so far! You are doing an AWESOME job! :)

Anonymous said...

Hazzah!!!! ***cheering loudly for you****

That is awesome :)

I'm on week 77 on my getting healthy plan.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awesome success!