This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Thursday, December 6, 2007

week 15 and counting

So this was a pretty good week. Scale is still acting screwy, so no weigh in. It's been a while since I've had anything that I felt noteworthy to mention here, but a lot has happened just in the last day or so....


First thing, we got our Christmas tree yesterday and got it set up. We ended up with a nine foot cannan fir, which is the largest i've ever gotten to put up. We got the lights on the tree, but no ornaments yet, and unfortunately Liz and I work fairly incompatible schedules the next couple of days, so we may not get it finished finished until Saturday. One down side was that the farm we go to raised their prices pretty significantly since last year, so that was a bit frustrating.

Yesterday was also the first snow of the winter for us. Only about ankle deep, but enough to look pretty and to be a small hassle on the roads (mostly because of other people not knowing how to handle it).

And tomorrow is my birthday :) We had a little pizza party at work today for lunch, and I over indulged a bit.

So 15 weeks into the project, what have I accomplished? I had 10 really good weeks, followed by about two miserable weeks, and 3 weeks of more or less treading water. I'm going to make another strong push on myself to really kick it back into high gear starting tomorrow, as a birthday present to myself.

1 comment:

Change One said...

Happy Birthday! I really think golfing would be a great way to celebrate, no? ;) Well - maybe when the snow melts - it would be hard to see the ball right now.