This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Saturday, December 15, 2007

December 15 (2) - good morning again

So the day hasn't been nearly as productive as I originally planned. I got some straightening done, but ran out of steam at around noon, so went back to sleep for a few hours.

We've had a inch or two of snow, enough that the grass is covered, but the sidewalks have already melted clean. More snow to the north though, so my parents aren't coming down after all.

Anyway, off to find myself a very late lunch before I start munching on everything in sight :(

No comments: