This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A delayed christmas present, some assembly required

So now that Christmas is over and the family's been told... Liz and I gave each other a christmas present that we can't unwrap until next June.

Liz is just over three months pregnant! All is going well so far ... That's all we really know at this stage, but details to be posted when we know them.

To answer the first questions that people always ask.... yes, this is our first child and no, we don't know the gender yet.

As to names, the front runners right now are Timothy Michael and either Abigail Elizabeth or Sarah Elizabeth.

How's that for a 100th post :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is great news! Janelle

Starfruit said...

Congratulations to you and Liz! That's fantastic! I like Abigail Elizabeth for a girl :-)

Anonymous said...

Still aiming for 7 syllables if it's a girl? Anastasia gives you 4... will try to think of more.

Tim

Daniele said...

Congratulations to both of you!! How fantastic, what great news :) I'm very happy for you.

Diana Swallow said...

Congrats to you both!! What a lucky little baby to have you two as parents.

It sounds like you have some great names picked out! Sarah Elizabeth is my 18 year old niece who is an absolute angel so I really like that name but Abigail has been a favorite name for years too.