This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Saturday, December 15, 2007

December 15 - good morning

So the day's off to a good start. I've done my treadmill and had a light breakfast (Kashi crunch cereal... I highly recommend it).

My parents may or may not be coming down this evening, depending on the weather, so I need to do some straightening today.

Other than that, my goals for today are to finish putting up the Christmas lights, do a load of laundry, and take out the recycling. I also need to go to the kitchen supply store for a last Christmas shopping item.


And staying on plan.

1 comment:

Chubby Chick said...

It really does sound like you're off to a good start! Good for you! I totally KNOW and BELIEVE that you can continue and end the day on a high note! You'll have one good day under your belt... and you'll feel great about it... and it will make a second day that much easier!

Keep up the good work!