This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Sunday, December 16, 2007

another solid day

That makes two days.

The down side to committing to writing in the blog is that I have to come up with something to say. Today was fairly non-eventful. The bad weather that seems to have hit most of the northern half of the country has missed us more or less completely... I think all of the little snow we got yesterday is gone by now.

The only really external challenge this week should be Saturday, with a Christmas gathering for my mom's side of the family. Then of course Christmas eve and Christmas day next week. But I guess the bright side of not having much time off at Christmas is not being at home for a full week with all of the Christmas leftovers. I'll go, have one meal, and get to leave everything behind, and get back to my regular schedule pretty quickly.


So today I've proven to myself I can stick to this for a weekend. Now lets see how I do with a work week.

2 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Good for you! You're off to a good start. This is the first two good days of many!

I did well on Sunday, and I know I can have another good day today. You can, too!

We have the power to do this. Let's just make up our minds to do it. We will be SO glad that we did! By next Christmas... we can be in the best shape of our lives!

Have a great week! Be kind to yourself, make the right choices, and enjoy being in control and feeling better! (I'm saying that to myself, too!)

:)

Diana Swallow said...

CC is right, one day leads to the next and by next Christmas we can look back and compare how far we've come...or we can look back with regret yet again. Lets break the regret cycle once and for all!