This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Monday, August 27, 2007

update

Well, a long afternoon nap helped, but I'm not cured. I doubt I will try to push myself into a workout this afternoon... but I feel as if I will be able to go to work tomorrow.

I looked through my hard drive, and I don't have any really recent photos except for those I took for my passport. I will have Liz take some shots of me tonight or tomorrow to post on here.

The upside of feeling sick all day is that I haven't felt any desire to eat at all, so my calories for the day are way down. But then I've been unusually inactive as well, so there you go.

I did spend a half an hour or so reading back posts of "The Voice of" If you read his story, its pretty obvious that I'm following along much in the same path he took ... I only hope that I can be as successful!

No comments: