This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

entering final stretch

Only one day left before my first official progress report for the challenge.

One thing I need to work on more for next week is spacing my points out throughout the day. Without going over my points total, I'm eating far to much for dinner compared to the rest of the day.

Also I realized that I might be relying too heavily on the point reduction given (at least by my worksheet) when the food has fiber in it. Tonight I had a big bowl of frozen veggies. But because each serving calculates to 0 points, in theory I could eat an infinite amount and never go over points. Today it so happens that I stayed under on points even if I zeroed out all the fiber, but I haven't checked previous days.

Anyway, took some nyquil about an hour ago, and am now falling asleep at my computer. Must go to bed.

A pox upon all cold viruses!

2 comments:

broccoflower said...

I forgot to tell you this when I sent you the worksheet, but the "official" Weight Watchers folk put a cap of 4 grams of fiber per serving of anything-- after that, it isn't supposed to lower the point total. Maybe to account for this, even if the total's above 4 grams, put in no more than 4? I slack when it comes to using the spreadsheet, so it didn't cross my mind.

Starfruit said...

I have an extra points calculator that they hand out at WW if you want it. Just email me if you want it.