This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

new scale

So I got my new scale in the mail today. The problem is that it varies by as much as two pounds each time I use it. I think it has something to do with how I stand on it. Anyway, I have a rough idea of where I'm starting from, hopefully Thursday morning I can get a more official (ie consistent) reading.

Today is my first day counting points. I've only used about a quarter of my points for the day. I think I have been overly paranoid about foods. This is, I believe a common problem in starting a diet... I'll be so self contained for one day, eating nothing but the most healthy options, and then I rebel by binging.

Here's hoping that labeling your faults really is half the battle ;)

1 comment:

broccoflower said...

Maybe you could try to start out eating what your "old" points target was on the old plan?

Not that I advocate binging, but we're all human and we all do it at times, and I like that WW basically builds in for something like that if you "plan ahead" with your flexpoints.