This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Monday, November 12, 2007

middle of the road

Today was a good example of the kind of week i'm having. Neither spectacularly good nor spectacularly bad. Somewhat complacent though, and I need to work on that.

Tomorrow I'm going to make a serious effort at getting up and getting to the gym in the morning to start my day off on a good foot. I really need to get back into my walking/jogging habit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Sweetie! Good job heading off to the gym this morning!

Chinwendu said...

When we break the routines that have led us to progress it's amazing how quickly we can regress. Just keep learning. Doing the next right thing, after a week of hell is painful. We have be willing to fight for your own lives, otherwise why would anyone else be willing to fight for us. This obsession with food will destroy us. Life is not an excuse. You have the ability to inspire so many, but first, start with yourself.