This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Friday, November 2, 2007

anticlimatic conclusion of FIF

So it turns out that FIF ended yesterday after 10 weeks, not the 11 that I had thought. Somewhat anticlimactic since I really think I would have made the last couple of pounds to finish out my goal. Oh well.

Had lunch at a meeting today, and was bad enough to allow myself two chicken breasts with skin. They were baked ... so not as bad as fried at least. I'm not too worried about it, if that's the worst slip up I have to confess to its not much to worry over. I'll just focus on having an extra saintly dinner or something.

4 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

FIF?

FiF Facilities Interface Frame
FIF Failure Intensity Function
FIF Familial Infiltrative Fibromatosis
FIF File Interchange Format
FIF Financial Inventory File (Claims)
FIF Five Iron Fan
FIF Five Iron Frenzy (band)
FIF Forward Integration Facility
FIF Fractal Image Format
FiF Frauen in die Forschung (women in research; EUB program)
FIF Free Iraqi Forces
FIF Frequency Invariant Filter
FIF Front Is Front (rear engined car)

FIF???

Gibbons-Camp said...

Fabulous in Fall... my friend from lawschool talked me into joining her weight loss club this fall. They do e-mail updates every week plus recipe tips and the like. It was the spark that got me going back in August.

I may have referred to it as "the challenge" in the past. It's the reason my weigh in days are Thursday, even though my blog started on a Sunday.

Unknown said...

boys and their acronyms - what are you gonna do?

Anonymous said...

You can still meet your goal even if the FIF program is over. Better yet, start a program of your own!

And don't worry about the two skin on chicken breasts. Weight loss is a compilation of your efforts over a period of time. As long as you keep that in the back of your head for your next couple meals you can balance yourself back out.

Good luck!