This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Thursday, November 1, 2007

end of week 10

Ok, so who ever said that I know a damn thing about weight loss? Sometimes it seems like a science ==> food in - calories out = weight gain/loss. Other times, like today, it seems like black magic being performed on me by my scale whose only mission in life is to confuse the hell out of me. =)

So from Thursday morning last week through to Monday morning I only lost about a half a pound total. But then from Monday morning to today I dropped a full pound each day. I haven't the faintest clue why... I really didn't do anything all that different in the second half of the week compared to the first half.

So either a) I've broken through the plateau already, and have gotten a second wind back, b) this is a one time burst and next week i'll be back to around .2 a day or so, or c) I have no idea what to expect one way or the other because I'm confused as to what happened this week.

Current weight: 334.4

Loss this week: 3.6 lbs

Total loss (10 weeks): 58.4 lbs

Fat lbs lost this week: about 4 lbs

Total fat lbs lost: approximately 64 lbs



Seriously though, thanks to everyone for all the encouragement and comments this past week. It has been somewhat of a trial for me, and I hope that I can say that I've passed. Here's hoping for a smoother week 11.


Only one week left for FIF. I've already reached the original goal that I set for myself for the 11 weeks (25 lbs), and have a realistic chance of reaching the more aggressive goal of 60.

4 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

Isn't it just weird like that some times? I don't get it either. I've had times where I cheat and lose and times where I stay on 100% and gain. It should be easier but apparently our bodies have their own plans for us. Congrats on a great week and holding on to your plan when it seemed it was abandoning you! I've said it before and I'll say it again, YOU ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

The scale is like the weather... you can get a good idea of what it may be but it can be totally unpredictable at times too!

Way to go!

Chubby Chick said...

Good luck with Week 11! I'm sure you'll do great. :)

Lady Vea said...

Yeah this is why I do not weigh myself everyday. I got a scale my doc recommended and so far it has been dead on the exact number my doctor has measured on the last three visits I have had. So what I do is have a weigh day every week, but I weigh myself the night before, then mid-day on weigh in day, and then the next morning also and average the three weights. So far my scale has said the same number for all three weigh ins each time, but I think it is better then weighing myself every day. That is just too depressing for me. ;-)