This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Saturday, November 10, 2007

checking in

So one day into my new committment to blog every day and I already missed a day :)

Anyway, got home at around 4 am last night, helping a friend pack books into boxes. Between that and my trip to the gym Friday evening I really did a number on my back, so sitting down and typing was out of the question.

Today and tomorrow are going to be hectic... I have a wedding to attend in Dayton this evening and then I'm off to Zanesville for my mom's b-day tomorrow. So staying on plan will be a little bit challenging.

The lack of a treadmill at home is also being a problem of late. Getting up early enough to get to the gym and come back home before getting ready for work is proving to be an almost insurmountable hurtle for me. I really need to get someone in to check out my treadmill so I can get back into my twice a day schedule. Hopefully I'll get ahold of someone on Tuesday.

Anyway, still struggling, but showing signs of improvement, and feeling a bit more hopeful.

2 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Yippee for improvement and hope! Those are both things that we could all use more of! I'm glad you're feeling better! :)

Diana Swallow said...

can you walk in your neighborhood? I would like a treadmill but we don't have space for one right now so I just neighborhood walk. Besides Sadie and Max would be seriously pissedoff at me if I tried skipping THEIR walk LOL