This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Monday, November 19, 2007

Liz's recipe for today - super easy veggie wraps

So this is actually Liz - We'll see how long it takes Mike to notice I've hacked into his blog, and maybe it will inspire him to post as well. Mike and I had talked a while back about me posting a recipe on here periodically, and I figured now was a good time to do it.

Super easy veggie wraps:

What you'll need:
- frozen mixed veggies of your choice (we like the Kroger brand fiesta mix - it has broccoli, carrots, and an assortment of beans)
- salsa
- tortillas (whole wheat if you can find them where you are)
optional:
- shredded low fat cheese (the fat free kind won't melt at all - Sargento makes a really good low-fat kind though)
-fat free sour cream/plain yogurt
-other toppings you like


Put as many veggies as you think you'll eat into a microwave safe bowl, and mix in a few tablespoons of salsa per cup or so of veggies. Cover the bowl with a lid (or an overturned plate) and put it in the microwave. If your microwave has a "frozen veggies" setting, set it for one serving, and start it - we've found that our microwave likes to cook frozen veggies to mush, so start with the time for one serving and add on more if the veggies aren't cooked to your taste. Otherwise, the veggies have time suggestions printed on them (although these will generally also give you mush - so you may want to reduce the time somewhat.) All of this can also be done in a covered pan on the stove - just add a little water to make sure nothing sticks.
When the veggies are cooked, spoon some out onto a tortilla, top with whatever toppings you like, and fold them up.

Yum!

Please post soon Mike ;)

1 comment:

Diana Swallow said...

Looks yummy Liz! So glad you decided to post on Mike's blog, there were cobwebs forming in the corners and the place was getting a bit dusty ;-)