This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Saturday, September 22, 2007

week four results

Better late than never, eh?

So I got home from vacation yesterday, and did my "Thursday" weigh in this morning. I'm very very pleased to report that I managed to stay almost even while on vacation. I only gained back .1 from Sunday! It took a lot of hard work, and a lot of saying "no thanks" when I really wanted to say "gimme gimme" but knowing the consequences and knowing how proud I would be to be able to report a loss for this of all weeks helped me get through.

Plus the vacation itself was exactly what I needed. I don't think I've ever spent a week relaxed so completely.

Today is going to again be somewhat of a challenge. I'm hosting a BBQ for the SEOLS new attorneys crowd. Liz and I are making fairly healthy stuff to serve, the trick will be to watch my portions :) On the bright side, since I will likely be tending the grills, I'll have something to help keep me away from just eating all evening.

Thank you for your continued support and encouragement... this wouldn't be happening without my friends behind me!

Current Status:

Weight: 368.3

Total Loss: 24.5 lbs

Progress for week 4 report: 3.3 lbs

No comments: