This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Thursday, September 6, 2007

week 2 report

So I finished week 2 at 377.4, putting me 2.7 down on the week and 15.4 down over all.

I finished out the week in a mixed way. I was on the road all day Wednesday, which presents challenges. I ended up doing very well on avoiding temptation and picking healthy foods, but poorly on exercise. I did my treadmill in the morning (2.2 mph, 5.0 incline, 17.5 minutes). But Liz and I stayed in a hotel in Cbus last night, and I made the mistake of assuming that a "fitness center/gym" as advertised on their website would include some free weights or a lifting machine or something. Unfortunately all they had was a treadmill and an elliptical. So I didn't get my strength training in last night. Then I had to get up and be in Chillicothe for work, and the fitness center wasn't open until after I had to be on the road, so I didn't get my treadmill in this morning.

I will try to do a weight training this afternoon, and maybe a short treadmill if I have the time/energy to do both. Unfortunately, this makes two workouts and a treadmill that I've missed in the past week. I've got to do better on that.

On the bright side... the author of the Abs Diet (my exercise routine is based on the outline in that book) actually recommends dieting for three full weeks before adding an exercise routine to the mix. So in a sense I am ahead of the curve. But I will do better. No more excuses!

1 comment:

Starfruit said...

Hey mike! Congrats on the loss! i really enjoy checking your page. Although, i have noticed you are slacking and have not posted for 2 days!!!! I need something to read at work!!! This is JT by the way.