This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Sunday, September 9, 2007

midweek again

Here we are at the midweek update for week 3. Just a quick note for now. I have a longer entry planned to discuss my somewhat disastrous Thursday, but I haven't had a minute to sit and write yet. Maybe this evening. Today I'm working on the bathroom remodeling project - the goal today is to finish the painting and install the new linoleum flooring.

I did manage to do my mile yesterday at 2.2 mpg, 5.0 incline. This week I think I will work on a more varied routine, ranging the speed and the incline a bit. I haven't worked out the details, I guess I'll just play it by ear.

Anyway, today I'm 2.1 down for the week, not bad especially since I was .9 up on Friday morning. I'm feeling pretty good and confident. No expected major hurtles in the way this week, so I'm shooting for 4 lbs on the week.

Next week I am going to Niagara with my family, (Monday-Thursday) and then hosting a barbecue at my house for SEOLS attorneys on Saturday (the 22nd), so I'm guessing I'll lose a little ground there.

Ok, back to work.

No comments: