This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

where i've been (end of week 22)

This has been a real up and down week for me. I haven't gotten all of my workout in, and I can't say that i did a very good job of keeping track of my points, though moving in the right direction on that front.

Today in particular was hard, as I spent the day in Court. All day trials are always a challenge, and we didn't even get done with the case, so I have another full day scheduled for a week from today. And just to ensure maximum emotional drainage on my part, it is a particularly ugly custody fight. On the plus side, I've been working on this case for over a year, and it is a relief to be one step closer to putting it behind me.

But I have been doing a lot of work around the house that somewhat replaces the workouts, so that has helped. We've made real strides on the wallpaper job, though I've discovered that scrubbing the wall of wallpaper paste residue is much less fun even than removing the wallpaper itself.

And everything is so far so good on the baby front, so keep your fingers crossed for me.


Anyway, so I'm down 1.3 on the week, but realistically I'd say I'm still holding pretty much steady. I don't really feel in the zone.

So this week's goals are not number related. This week my goal will be to err on the side of over-blogging, to try and hold myself accountable the way I promised to be when I first started this blog.

Tomorrow: reintroduction for those joining me from the Healthy Start Challenge.

4 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

I'm hoping your find your zone again, I know when you do, you'll be unstoppable!

Take the weight loss and run with it, I know you can do this and I know you want to be as healthy as possible to keep up with the new baby. Wouldn't it be nice if the baby never knew you had a weight problem?

I'm really happy to see you posting!

Hanlie said...

Well done on the weight loss! I really want to see you serious and committed again. You have so much to live a healthy life for!

Anonymous said...

Good-- I'll be expecting daily posts...

Becardi said...

I want lots of blogs this week! If you do it, I'll do it!