This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Thursday, January 10, 2008

End of week 20

Another holding pattern sort of week for me, as I come in slightly up again at 362.1 :(


Because I've finally gotten around to signing up for the Healthy You Challenge (sorry to be so slow!), and it's set up to a Tuesday report-in date, Week 21 will only have five days, and my end of the week reports will now be switching to Tuesdays. I'm hoping this will also get me posting more often and with more substance, as I'll probably have comments to make regarding what's going on over on the HYC blog.



If you're a health/weightloss/personal improvement blogger and you haven't signed up for the Healthy You Challenge.... what are you waiting for? Come and join up and make 2008 your best year ever!

6 comments:

Teale said...

Glad to see you joining the challenge! I'm over there too:)

Diana Swallow said...

I think you'll find a lot of familiar faces on the challenge and a few new good ones too. I'll add you to the blog roll this weekend!
Diana

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post, I'm definitely going to join.

Chubby Chick said...

Yippee! You joined! :)

Change One said...

I'm proud of you every day!

Lidian said...

Just stopping to say hi & welcome to the Challenge!