This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Thursday, January 3, 2008

End of week 19

New Year, new efforts.

The holidays did not go too well, I'm back up to 361.4. But I'm back on plan, back at it.

Have to run to work now, will do a real update this afternoon.

3 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Here's to a GREAT year of weight loss for all of us! I love fresh starts... and I'm excited about the New Year's potential. Let's make the most of it. We can do it! Let's take it one day at a time... and make the healthiest choices that we can EACH day... and by this time next year... there is going to be MUCH less of us!

Oh... did you see that Diana, the Scale Junkie, has issued a "Healthy You Challenge" for 2008? A lot of people have signed up... and the support and encouragement throughout the year is going to be awesome. We'd love for you to join! :)

Starfruit said...

Hey Mike! Don't sweat the gain. The fact that you entered 2008 lighter than you were in 2007 is what's really important. It's a major step in the right direction on the way to your goal. Keep up the good work!

Diana Swallow said...

Hey Mike, I gained over the holidays too, I'm back on track and getting things moving again and I hope you do too. I've started a Healthy You challenge as CC mentioned, you are welcomed to join us if you want, the guys are kind of out numbered at the moment we could use another guy! If not, I understand you have a busy year ahead of you preparing for the baby but still stop over and say hi once in a while!!

All the best to you!
Diana