This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Don't wallpaper a ceiling.

So every time I think I'm going to have some free time to make a real post, I end up swamped in work.

This past week Liz and I discovered that we had some mold developing on some of our wallpaper. We've been wanting to be rid of the wallpaper in our house for ages, and now it had become a priority. So since Wednesday I've been spending all the time I'm not at work taking down layer upon layer of old paper.

If you're ever deciding between painting or wallpapering a wall that doesn't already have wallpaper... be kind to the next people to live in your house and paint! Pulling down wallpaper, i've found, is a messy and unrewarding job. Most especially, don't wallpaper a ceiling!! (all of the ceilings in our house have a double layer of wallpaper too).


Anyways, lifestyle wise its been a moderately good week so far, though yesterday I went out to the Olive Garden, which is less than ideal for me. I am disappointed that the clementine season seems to have ended rather abruptly though, as I am quite fond of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wallpapering a ceiling is perfectly fine, as long as one uses movie posters.

Chubby Chick said...

Just think of all those calories you're burning taking down the wallpaper. hehe

I love clementines, too! I much prefer them over oranges.

Hope you have a good week! :)

Diana Swallow said...

I love clemintines too and was very disappointed that they seem to be gone. They are just such a great little snack.

Leave it to CC to point out the calorie burning you did with removing wallpaper...but she is right, it all adds up.

I have to agree with you, I'm not a fan of wallpaper and I don't have it in my house and never will.