This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day one take 2

Ok, so i've lost track of what week i'm on. And i've lost track of how many times I've though I was going to be back on track and end up fizzling out after a day of good effort.

So I'm not getting back on track.

I'm starting over.


Today has been a good day and a bad day. The good - I've kept my food journal, I've written in the blog, and I used the treadmill. The bad - my food journal is not the shining example of virtue that I need it to be.


Using the treadmill was something of an accomplishment. I mean, I think i've mentioned several times that my wife and I are stripping all the wallpaper from the house in order to repaint in preperation for the baby in June. So that means that furniture is everywhere, and not at all where it should be. And the treadmill kind of got burried in all the moving around. Now its not.

Tomorrow morning - I am getting up and using the treadmill before work. And I am keeping my food journal.

I was in some ways overly harsh with myself in the past couple of months, but in other ways overly easy. I felt sorry for myself and that I would never get back on plan. But I kept thinking of my down time as just that - down time. Well, it wasn't. I wasn't taking a break, I had completely given up. That attempt is over. Now a new one begins.

Day 1.

6 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on starting over! Just take it one day at a time. You can do this... and I believe that you will.

I totally gave up over the past few weeks, too. In fact, on some occasions, I just didn't even care anymore. I was tired of trying and failing. I was disgusted that I have been blogging about weight loss since last August and had no successful weight loss to show for it! But I know that I cannot give up. I cannot quit. None of us can! We must continue to fight the fight. That's the only way that we will ever win this battle. And the good news is... we CAN win this battle!!!

So... let's keep fighting right alongside everyone else. It's not easy for any of us. But the joy that we will feel when we reach our goals is going to be SO worth every struggle that we face and conquer until that time.

Hang in there. We are in the beginning chapters of our success stories. There's a "book" to be written. And it's going to be a "best-seller!"

(Hmmm... where did THAT come from? lol)

Good luck! You can do this!!! :)

Hanlie said...

I think starting over is a great idea! A new journey, with new hope, new tools and a new attitude.

Good luck!

Hanlie said...

Ps, don't aim for perfection, aim for being better than yesterday!

Here's something I wrote that might interest you. http://fertilehealthy.wordpress.com/2008/01/31/time-for-plan-b/

Diana Swallow said...

So great to see your face back. Let go of where you were in the journey and start over from right now!

Felicia said...

Best wishes to you on your journey! You can do it! You really can! Just one step at a time and you will be where you want to be!

=0)

Felicia said...

Haven't seen you post for a while so thought I would pop in and see how things were going. I hope you are doing well.

Have a super week!
*huggles*
=0)