This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Sunday, February 24, 2008

difficult day

So today I was way under on points, but not entirely by choice. We went to Z-ville to hang out with Liz's parents who were in town for the weekend, which usually is a bad sign for over-eating. But today I had a very healthy breakfast before leaving the house (Kashi crunch cereal with yogurt instead of milk, and a banana) at 8:30... which is very good for me, as I skip breakfast far too often. But then I didn't have anything else to eat until about 5 pm, which is very bad. So while I didn't go over on calories for the day, I did a lousy job of balancing out my day, which is vital to my being able to stick it out for the long run.

But now I'm home again, so tomorrow I have power over what I choose to do. I am going to choose to have breakfast (maybe another bowl of Kashi... that was very good this morning), and a healthy lunch, and a healthy dinner.

All in all I'd say a A for intentions today but a B- in execution.

Sometimes I think it'd be easier if we could just have do-overs ;)

5 comments:

Hanlie said...

When it comes to weight loss, every day is a do-over!

I also struggled yesterday because we were out for too long and I missed my "meals". Which means I had very little energy in the gym this morning!

You're doing great!

Felicia said...

Every day may not be good, but there's always something good in every day. Take each step forward as a success and let the rest fall to the side.

You are doing great.

Just keep on keeping on!
*huggles*
=0)

Twix said...

ok I'm just delurking...hee...I'm still here! Very glad you're not giving up. I admire you for that!! :D

Diana Swallow said...

I know skipping lunch for me ends up making dinner very difficult, you are not alone! Go ahead, have a do-over!

Tim Wilson said...

Just found your blog - you are doing great! Like was said, not every day will be good.... nor every week or month, but it is a lifestyle change.

Keep up the good work!