This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Friday, February 22, 2008

day two

Ok, so really can't think of anything to say today, just want to get into the habit of posting again :)

3 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

you could tell us how the wife is doing and about preparations for Baby New Me :-)

Chubby Chick said...

And I'm just trying to get into the habit of commenting again. lol

Have a great weekend! :)

Hanlie said...

One of my favourite bloggers said the other day that if her husband had a blog, his entries would all be one-liners! I had to laugh at that, because my husband is exactly the same. You are obviously more evolved, because you actually share feelings and informations. This must be a huge blessing to your wife.

I'm also dying to know about the pregnancy!