This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Monday, March 31, 2008

a good day

Today i am on plan, though i used up all of my points for the day. I have kept my food log, and even posted here. All in all, counts as a good day.


Now, if I can only do this a couple hundred days in a row, I might be getting somewhere.

8 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

One day at a time.

Twix said...

Yay!

Now keep coming back! :D (((hugs)))

Diana Swallow said...

Woohoo!! Its Mike!! Does this mean you are going to post a weekly update?

please :) Thank you very much!

Erin said...

Glad to see you back on the Wagon Mike, I'll be waiting for your next check in!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Well, you know the old saying, "one day at a time..." I find that helps when I'm feeling overwhelmed. It's tough, but you can do it!

Twix said...

Just checking in! How are things going? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to say how true your post is. You SHOULD celebrate each victory, even if it is a small one and you have 100 more battles ahead of you. you got through one day and you did well! Pat yourself on the back.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just checking back. I also realized that you are expecting a baby in June, I'm expecting our first in July! You're right in that we do owe it to our children to be healthy and set examples for them.

It's been a while since you've posted. Hope to see an update soon!