This is a public diary and a public confession. Its the story of Mike Gibbons-Camp, a 30 year old legal aid attorney who on August 23, 2007 weighed in at 392.8 lbs. Thanks to the constant support of my wife, Liz, and a kick in the pants by a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a while, I finally decided that enough was enough. But instead of quietly suffering with my weight, I started my blog, "New Me?"

I did really well for 10 weeks, then it completely fell apart. I was in denial for a long time, thinking I was just slipping up a bit, making a mistake here or there. But the reality was that I had failed.

Since then i've tried just about everything I could to get back on the wagon. And i've done well for a week here, a week there, but nothing lasting. So I don't know what to tell a new reader to my blog, but "welcome, and wish me luck."

Friday, June 4, 2010

Three weeks in

So the good, I've lost 20 lbs in the first three weeks that I've been a member of TOPS.


That still leaves me at an astoundingly high number that no human ever weigh, but I'm ok with that.

I'm not making any progress this week, which sucks. I mean, I knew I'd hit a slow patch soon, but from 7 lbs a week to 0 this half week is more than a little depressing.

All in all things are going well. TOPS hasn't sent me my membership info yet, and frankly I think the meetings are the only real benefit I'm going to get from that program. I plan to stick to my own food-plan so long as it is working for me. The TOPS national encourages this thing using "exchanges" like, for lunch you get one meat exchnage and two vegitable exchanges, etc. I'm pretty happy just counting calories and trying to have a vague sense of balance for now, when I lose some of the extra weight or (yeah right) I'm ever at a point that I'm just maintaining a weight instead of struggling to lose, then I'll focus more on balance and vitamins and such.

Current weight - 403
Current loss to date - 20
Goal - 220
distance to goal - 183

No comments: